Subject: udev: re-enable mount propagation for udevd
From: Michael Biebl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 04:19:24 +0200

Upstream-Status: Backport [http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/systemd/systemd_215-17+deb8u4.debian.tar.xz]

laptop-mode-tools remounts file systems from within a udev rule to apply
certain mount options. With MountFlags=slave, those mounts then become private
to the systemd-udevd namespace and are no longer accessible from outside the
namespace.
While the root cause is the broken behaviour of laptop-mode-tools, with mount
propagation turned off, this can result in a read-only root file system.
Therefore revert the relevant parts from commit
c2c13f2df42e0691aecabe3979ea81cd7faa35c7 to re-enable mount propagation for
udevd.

Once affected packages have been fixed, this patch should be dropped
again.

Closes: #762018
diff --git a/units/systemd-udevd.service.in b/units/systemd-udevd.service.in
index e7216d6..1e9a600 100644
--- a/units/systemd-udevd.service.in
+++ b/units/systemd-udevd.service.in
@@ -21,6 +21,5 @@ Sockets=systemd-udevd-control.socket systemd-udevd-kernel.socket
 Restart=always
 RestartSec=0
 ExecStart=@rootlibexecdir@/systemd-udevd
-MountFlags=slave
 KillMode=mixed
 WatchdogSec=1min